IRS audits and examinations are a common, if unwelcome, part of running any business. Tax laws are increasingly complex, and frequently open to interpretation. Instances of potential noncompliance are inevitable, however the penalties need not be – even if deficiencies are found.
The Internal Revenue Service frequently makes errors when it comes to calculating underpayment interest, refund interest, and penalties. As a result, many taxpayers are unknowingly walking away from overpayments that are rightfully owed to them. Regardless of the type of client, business or individual, ensuring that every penny is accounted for is a best practice.
Jambrina CPA brings the full resources of one of the country’s most highly regarded, most well established accounting organizations. We have extensive experience with IRS protocols and processes, and have defended and supported clients through countless audits and examinations. At all times, we work openly and collaboratively, providing constant communication during what is understandably a stressful period.
Our Tax Controversy professionals offer assistance in the following areas:
- IRS examination preparation and representation
- IRS interest recovery services
- Consultation and guidance regarding federal tax procedural issues
- Representation before the IRS to address request for National Office rulings
- Penalty and interest services to reduce or abate proposed penalties
- Reportable transaction services and preparation of necessary documentation
- Currency and compliance services to resolve inadvertently missed or incorrect tax filings
- ASC 740 services to determine whether issues have been “effectively settled” for the subsequent recognition of unrecognized tax benefits